During the last weeks have been often asked for literature concerning Transmedia Storytelling. Today we would like to recommend some books we are actually working with.
- Digital Storytelling (Carolyn Handler-Miller), best start for a basic overview.
- The Art of Immersion: How the digital generation is remaking Hollywood (Frank Rose), very good background information and insights about cases, companies and people. Here you should also visit www.the artofimmersion.com
- A creators Guide to Transmedia Storytelling (Andrea Phillips), interesting perspectives from a creator. Questioning the processes and tasks in Transmedia Storytelling
- Convergence Culture (Henry Jenkins), theoretical concept, must read if you want to get a deeper understanding.
- Transmedia Storytelling Imagery, Shapes and Techniques (Max Giovagnoli), also short and a interesting perspective of a Transmedia Producer
- The Producers Guide to Transmedia (Nuno Bernado), shirt book, tips and tricks from daily work.
- Story (Robert McKee), very relevant informations regarding screenwriting and storytelling in general. The “bible” of storytelling.
- Getting started with Trasmedia Storytelling. A practical guide for beginners. (Robert Pratten).